Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Thoughts du jour

1.) A few weeks ago, I was in an airport when I literally saw the best looking man I had ever seen (husband excluded). He was actually too handsome--like I'm-so-masculine-even-whilst-tossing-my-freshly-done-highlights-and-strutting-in-my-overly-embroidered-jeans kind of good looking. Like Rande Gerber good looking. I had never seen him before, but he just looked like he HAD to be famous, esp. as he had an assistant in tow.

Anyway, I turned on HGTV the other day and there he was. Life question answered. I can now move on.

2.) Jo Malone perfume is amazing. The only thing better was her Sandalwood soap. However, her perfumes: definite shelf life. I hadn't worn any of her perfumes in a while, so I broke them out: I have her Amber & Lavender, Nutmeg & Ginger, Red Roses, and, of course, Lime, Basil & Mandarin. Gave a little squirt, thought it smelled a little off, so tried mixing them (that's one of the great things about her fragrances--they mix really well so you can create your own little signature). And it got worse. And worse. And wouldn't come off. A heinously stinky stunk. My husband walked in and exclaimed "My god--what is this, 1989?? Are you wearing Men's POLO?!". That's exactly what it smelled like. Buyer beware.

3.) Had a client photo shoot for Washingtonian yesterday--how fun. The photographer, Matthew Girard, used a 40-year old camera and 4x5 film, sharing his amazing portfolio and stories of the wonders of Copenhagen along the way. What a great morning.

4.) Another Burning Bridge lesson: On my way out of an old job (home of M'kay), I was battered, bruised, and exhausted. But aside from a snarky press release and bequeathing my office items obnoxiously, I left pretty well intact. And as of Friday, I picked them up as a client (Yes, McQ, I'm back. Although they tried to stipulate that I come into your office one day a week--a TOTAL non-negotiable. Just can't do it). I head up to NYC on Sunday for a few--my favorite place to be in the spring!

5.) Hostess-choosing is hard. You've got to find people perfect for the event that are interested in the product, that aren't high-maintenance that know the routine yet aren't everywhere and will draw a crowd. That's a pretty big list! Just sent out invites for an event where I think I nailed it, but am stuck on my next one. But then again, this is SO much better than, say, reporting to The Man.

8 comments:

Heather Henderson said...

ha - i love your husbands comment about it smelling like POLO

Alison Santighian said...

I can still remember exACTly where I saw the world's most handsome man - though I don't think he was on HGTV - more smoldering than that.

Jaleo. By the windows. Black turtleneck, darker hair, arms to-die-for (sleeves nonchalantly pushed to the elbows). No offense to fellow Americans, but there was no way this man was American.

Made both me and my gay colleague stop in our tracks. And Stare. With a capital "S."

Anonymous said...

Hostesses:I think you nailed 2 out of 4

fashiongirl said...

Jaleo was an excellent place for spotting handsome men. I remember it fondly from my D.C. days.

My experience was in Paris. A man walked by my cafe and was so beautiful I almost stopped him. I definitely see why French women have affairs, those guys are hot!

natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

As per your note on point #1... I think I have a new favorite TV show. I don't give a crap about home building, blah blah... but then I don't watch World Cup Soccer for the game, either...
;-)

BabsieD said...

Thanks for the hot boy memories! Awesome.

Anon, you are going to be a part of THE most interesting chapter in my book someday...

Anonymous said...

You're back???? As the dog returneth to his own puke - so does the fool to his folly! Give LA my regards!

Anonymous said...

GO AWAY blog hay-tah! Your rude and undermining comments are just unnecessary, and getting old. BE GONE!