Monday, July 30, 2007

Ninth Floor, Please.

I don't know exactly when it happened, but one day, after lobbying DirectTV for years, we finally got the Style channel. Hoorah!

But apparently while I was away, Style went to Suckytown. Who replaced hour-long shows of the Paris shows with weird and creepy "dress like your favorite star" shows? Boo.

But then tonight, the greatest man in the universe, my husband*, was flipping channels. And due to the aforementioned greatestness, he looked at his new plasma and said, "Hey, isn't that the guy that used to do your hair?". And there in front of me was John Barrett. Cutting hair in Knoxville, Tennessee.*

Split Ends: the show that made Style not suck. Awesome.

*My husband has also identified Dolce and Gabbana and Zac Posen and, maybe he couldn't tell them apart, but there's a good chance he would be able to point to Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough and know that those were the guys whose suit I desperately needed from Kirna Zabete last year. Greatest. Husband. Ever.

2 comments:

Style Group said...

How great would it be if there were a channel totally dedicated to fashion, runway, purchasing, designer interviews, etc... That would be my dream!

BabsieD said...

That's what Style used to be. Beauty & Fashion Channel is close, but it has limited programming. And check out "The Secret Life of Haute Couture"--it airs somewhat sporadically on PBS. I'm not sure if it's one show or a series, but I think it airs tomorrow morning and the one episode I saw was amazing.