Monday, September 04, 2006

District Sample Sale Scoop #4

Roberto Cavalli Vodka cocktails. Yummy hors d'oeuvres from Occasions. Desserts from Kafe Leopold. Shopping like you've never done before within the District line. DC's most fashionable charity, Suited for Change. Do you REALLY need more of an incentive? Okay, okay, here's some more scoop on the DSS:

Last minute addition: Sherman Pickey.

Last minute bonus: a fabulous raffle onsite, including a $300 gift certificate to Relish!!!

Insider track: the stores are bringing KILLER wares, from DVF dresses to Philip Lim 3.1 to my favorite Ts in the world by Splendid and Ella Moss, so get there early to get the best loot!

Tickets are going quickly, so get yours pronto...

3 comments:

Carrie M said...

are you going? i was sort of on the fence about it, and now I'm definitely not going b/c I missed the discount tickets. I'm a fashion blogger, so you'd think I'd be there. However, I blog on plus-sizes and I'm fairly certain I won't find a thing that would be considered plus size over there. No matter how many Roberto Cavalli vodka martinis I have. If you go, give me the scoop!

BabsieD said...

Sorry about that--we had to shut the site down because we sold SO many. We were hoping to shut it down at 5, but once Daily Candy (LOVE THEM) ran it, ticket sales went crazy!

(Yes, I'm planning this one!)

BTW, every store carries lots of stuff in lots of sizes--I bet you'd find plus-sized stuff. It's like when you (okay, I) go bra shopping--the larger bras (I'm a wee bit topheavy) are always on the sale rack--so I always get 'em cheap!

Carrie M said...

You've had great press for it, I hear it about it everywhere, so congrats on that!

Damn...now I wish I was going.

Well, I'll reason it out b/c I'll be in San Fran in a couple of weeks and I am planning on tarting it up at the Bare Escentuals boutique...it's the mother ship, calling me home.

On a much more boring note, my uncle is running for sherriff and so I'm supposed to be at his returns party tonight. Boooo politics.

Anyway...can't wait to hear all about it. And seriously, if you find anything plus, I'd love to hear about it and I'll go check out the stores. 10s of blog readers are dying to know.